HALLOWEEN WEEK ACTIVITIES
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest: October 26 – October 29 Categories for judging will be: sports/character/Halloween/all other, 2 Winners per category (NOTE: students must carry pumpkins in themselves/parents not allowed to bring them into the building)
- Halloween Trivia – will be played throughout the week. Winning class will earn a class non-uniform day.
- Candy Jar Guess – we will have a large jar filled with individually wrapped candy. Students can place a guess how many packages of candy are in the jar for $1 per guess. The student who comes closest, without going over, will win the entire jar of candy! Students can guess all week – winner will be crowned October 30.
- School Mass will be held on Thursday, October 29 – no jean day coupons may be used that day.
- Costumes can be worn to school on Friday, October 30. A Halloween mask does not substitute for a cloth mask, as we have been wearing in school. When thinking about costumes, please understand students will still be required to wear a cloth face mask.
- Treats will be passed out to the students from the school. Treats from outside of school are not allowed. If you would like to contribute a monetary donation to the treat bags, please send it in an envelope marked “treat bags”.
- Halloween Parade (weather permitting) we will have a school Halloween parade at 1:00 on Friday, October 30. We will walk around Memorial Park, socially distant. We invite parents to come watch our parade, standing anywhere in Memorial Park. Please observe social distancing from anyone not in your family.
REMINDER when picking up your child during the school day for an appointment, please pull up to the yellow curb (bus zone) so the office can see you/your vehicle. Call 815-883-8916 – we will send your child to your vehicle upon identification.
RIP’S CHICKEN NIGHTS – October 28 & 29 – presale tickets only – send in your order form for tickets by October 23.